Tuesday, September 4, 2012

ROMP Success

Today was my first intentional ROMP.

Reading On My Porch.

So I was going to read from 3-4 and see what happened. Nobody was anywhere, which is weird because there are always people on the streets in my hood. I was on the phone till 3:30 and finally just decided, what the heck, I guess I'll read by myself.

Within 5 minutes I'm sitting on my porch with 5 kids who are reading the word with me. We started with Ephesians 1:1. A book I have been reading on my own. I got through 1/2 a verse, " Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus, by the will of God," and the next 45 minutes we talked about who Paul was, about what it looks like when we meet Jesus and when he changes our identity. What a beautiful time it was. And the kids all walked away asking when we could do it again. They are Hungry and thirsty for the word of God.

Pray for more times like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment